Tuesday, October 27, 2015

How to Make Faux Stained Glass Art!



Excuse the random pink text throughout. Couldn't seem to figure out how to change it.

Step One (1): Decide what you want your stained glass piece to be of. I googled a few ideas (flowers, horses and birds) and decided to do mine of horses.


Step Two (2):
Gather your supplies.

You will need: -hot glue gun

-hot glue-acrylic paint (black and white are necessary)

-fine point permanent marker

-glass panel (I got mine out of a dollar tree picture frame)

-paint brushes (big and small)

-paper plate (or just somewhere you can mix paint)

optional:

-ruler 

-flat thumbtack  

-craft blade


Step Three (3): Draw your chosen design.
IMG_6574.JPG
I traced my design after I drew it on
a white sheet of paper.

Step Four (4): Apply hot glue to your outline. (Don’t try to correct mistakes with your finger! It’s very hot!)
IMG_6575.JPG
Try to keep your lines smooth, but not flat. 
In order to give it the appearance of
stained glass, the glue needs to be raised.


Step Five (5): Once dry remove hot glue “cob webs.”
IMG_6576.JPG
Remove the webbing by rubbing your finger tips on the glass downward until they break. Don’t press them too hard or they will stick to the glass and cause smudges.


Step Six (6): Paint the pieces of your image.
IMG_6578.JPG
Don’t worry about getting paint on the hot glue. You’ll cover it later.
IMG_6577.JPG
I put a spot of white in my paint to give
my brush strokes a marbled appearance.

Step Seven (7): Paint the hot glue lines.
IMG_6579.JPG
Keep a steady hand and cover the
areas painted with color.


Step Eight (8): Let dry and display!    
IMG_6587.JPG
I put my artwork back in the frame to hang.

IMG_6589.JPG
Looks great in my little gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment